The Resource Planning module allows you to define and track the profitability associated with company resources (employees, equipment, etc.). It is particularly useful for those processes that have high added value and where the human factor is decisive – the service area.
The production operations required to convert inputs into finished products must be planned daily or weekly, depending on the volume and nature of the products. Dynamics 365 Business Central offers supply features for anticipated and actual demand from sales, assembly and production, as well as features for distribution planning using stock units and location transfers. The planning system takes into account all demand and supply data, places the results and creates suggestions to balance supply and meet demand.
Planning has two elements: demand and supply. These must be in balance to ensure that demand is met in a timely and cost-effective manner. Another objective of the planning system is to ensure that inventory does not grow unnecessarily. In the event of falling demand, the planning system will suggest that you postpone, reduce quantity or revoke existing replenishment orders
Among the features of the module we list:
* It is useful especially for those processes that have high added value and where the human factor is determinant – the service area.
* Possibility to define resources (employees, equipment) and associate costs and prices to them.
* Management of resource availability by days, weeks, months.
* Allocate resources to work in progress (projects) and service orders.
* Production and project planning according to resource availability and capacity
Costs: reduces operational costs for processes with high added value and where the human factor is decisive (service area).
Time: Significantly reduces working time by enabling resource allocation, production planning and project planning.
Risks: Reduces business risks through the possibility to manage resource availability and resource definition